Every year as Christmas approaches, the City of Light is adorned with a thousand lights to make you live a magical end of the year. Go to La Défense, Notre Dame or the Eiffel Tower, to discover some of the most beautiful Christmas markets.
In winter, Paris is enlivened by its many Christmas markets. We give you our top picks so that you don’t miss out on any must-see markets! So let’s head to the best spots in Paris for mulled wine and gingerbread.
Here are the Parisian Christmas markets that are not to be missed:
Christmas market on the Champs-Elysées in the Tuileries garden
The must-see Christmas market at the Champs-Elysées has been deported to the Tuileries Gardens for our greatest pleasure.
There you can find: 100% Made In France products, illuminations and a great Christmas Rink. Get on the ice with its 1,200 m2 of surface!© VFKA
La Défense Christmas Market
At the Paris city limits, don’t miss the La Défense Christmas Market at the foot of the Grande Arche: it’s the largest in Ile-de-France with no less than 350 booths!
- La Défense Esplanade Christmas Market.
- On the Arche de la Défense esplanade
- How do you get there? Metro station Défense (line 1, in fare zone 2, or RER A, in fare zone 3)
Notre-Dame Paris Christmas Market
At the foot of the famous Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral, more than 50 artisans are gathering to bring you wonderful Christmas gift ideas for this year. Among them are fashion and fashion accessories designers, glass sculptors, decorative designers and more.
- Paris Notre-Dame Christmas Market
- 2 rue du Fouarre
- How do you get there? Metro station Saint-Michel – Notre-Dame (line 4).
Champs-de-Mars On Ice Christmas Market
After a year of refurbishment work, the famous Champs-de-Mars Christmas Market is back. Its 300 m2 ice rink is free to use (there is only a charge for skate rentals).
Gare Saint-Lazare Christmas Market
They’re back on the Gare Saint-Lazare esplanade.
These craftwork artisans with their wares, which are 100% made in France and original, will have something for everyone in their pretty little pop-up boutiques.
- Gare Saint-Lazare Christmas Market
- Gare Saint-Lazare esplanade
- How do you get there? Metro station Saint-Lazare (Lines 3, 12, 13 and 14)
- Gare de l'Est - Bredele cookies take centre stage! Gare de l’Est metro station. Here at the Alsatian Christmas Market you’ll find the best of Alsace’s culinary offerings!
- The Christmas village in Montmartre - Metro station Abbesses or Lamarck. The most romantic and highest Christmas in Paris, with about 50 stalls stocked by the shopkeepers of Montmartre, selling craft items, local produce and gift ideas.
- Town Hall of the 15th district - Metro station Vaugirard - 31 rue Péclet.
- Église Saint-Antoine-de-Padoue - 52 boulevard Lefebvre, Paris 15th district - Metro station porte de Versailles, tram T2, bus 89 - Bric-a-brac, fine foods, jewellery, Christmas gifts and decorations, books, fashion items and more.
- Féeries d'Auteuil - 40 rue Jean de la Fontaine, Paris 16th district - Metro station Jasmin/Eglise d’Auteuil
- Place Lévis, Paris 17th district - Metro station Malesherbes or Villiers
- Place Saint-Sulpice (6th district) – Metro station Saint-Sulpice
- Boulevard de Ménilmontant - Metro station Ménilmontant
- Italie 2 shopping centre (13th district) - Metro station Place d’Italie